When the number two producer of premium domestic wine turns 50, you can bet it will be big. Chateau Ste. Michelle is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year with a range of initiatives.
So what can you expect? Here’s the rundown via PR Newswire:
- Special edition wine: A 50th Anniversary Special Bottling of Chateau Ste. Michelle Columbia Valley Cabernet Sauvignon hits shelves in April. At the accessible price of $15 per bottle, expect to see this one in stores nationwide.
- Golden Cork Sweepstakes: Inside every special edition bottle is a chance to win prizes, including four trips to Chateau Ste. Michelle in Woodinville, WA.
- Events: While the activities remain TBD, a 50th Anniversary Weekend will be held at Chateau Ste. Michelle during Labor Day Weekend (September 2-3)
Over the past few decades, Chateau Ste. Michelle has brought a number of innovative partnerships to the Washington State wine industry. In 1995, Marchesi Antinori and Chateau Ste. Michelle partnered to craft Col Solare, a best-in-class Cabernet Sauvignon in the Red Mountain AVA. And in 1999, Ernst Loosen (of award-winning Dr. Loosen) partnered with Chateau Ste. Michelle winemaker Bob Bertheau to launch Eroica, a line of award-winning Rieslings.
Further 50th anniversary updates will be released on ste-michelle.com.
- Chateau Ste. Michelle, Washington State’s Founding Winery, Kicks off its 50th Anniversary – PR Newswire
- Photo credit: Chateau Ste. Michelle