If you think the Trump inaugural lunch will be serving Trump wine, guess again. All three wines served are actually Californian, alongside an all-American menu of Maine lobster, gulf shrimp, and Virginian beef.
Via the L.A. Times, the wines are:
- J. Lohr 2013 Arroyo Vista chardonnay from Monterey County
- Delicato Black Stallion 2012 Limited Release Napa Valley cabernet sauvignon
- Korbel Natural “Special Inaugural Cuvée” California Champagne
And yes, Trump does have a winery. Via Arlington Now, President-Elect Trump purchased Kluge Estate Winery and Vineyard in 2011. Kluge Estate is primarily known for its sparkling wines. It is also situated in the Monticello AVA — the very same Monticello that once produced wine for Thomas Jefferson.
- Three California wines are on the menu for Trump’s Inauguration Day lunch – L.A. Times
- WWBG: Trump Wines for the Inauguration – Arlington Now